Friday 24 February 2012

Skin Products: Silica Complex & Garnier Soft Essentials

I bought Silica Complex in Holland & Barratt's penny sale about 6 weeks ago. The instructions say to take on a day with a meal (and I've learned the lesson from ignoring that - Hello day-long nausea) and most articles I'd read mentioned a 90 day course although the bottle contains 20 capsules.

It's not particularly cheap at £12, but when you get another bottle for a penny I guess it doesn't seem so bad!

This year I suffered badly from winter skin and changed my products to Garnier's Soft Essentials Rose Water range to reduce blotching and dry patches. Whilst this helped, I thought, why not take Silica Complex as well? It's designed to improve and maintain strong and healthy hair, skin and nails, and God knows I need help with all of those things!



So I expected not to see much of a result until 90 days had passes, which is a long time to wait, but I guess that's how supplements worked. But for the past week or two I've been pretty lax with my dosage and wow! What a difference it has made.

I've never had much of an issue with my skin, but since taking around 2 pills a week rather than 2 a day all my old patchiness has come back, and after one night of forgetting to remove my foundation I woke up with a monster of a spot on my cheek.

I can only put this down to my relaxing on the Silica front as nothing else has changed. It's the first time I've ever really bothered with supplements and I'm realising how effective they really are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Like...